Devry BSOP 303 Quiz 1 Latest
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
For more classes visit
BSOP 303 Quiz 1 Latest
1. (TCO 4) The Dulac Box plant produces 400 cypress packing boxes in on two-person assembly line during a 10-hour shift. What is the labor productivity of this assembly line?
2. (TCO 4) Susan has a part-time “cottage industry” producing seasonal plywood yard ornaments for resale at local craft fairs and bazaars. She currently works a total of 5 hours per day to produce 15 ornaments. She thinks that by redesigning the ornaments and switching from use of a wood glue to a hot glue gun, she can increase her total production to 20 ornaments per day. What is her percentage increase in productivity
3. (TCO 4) Barbara has her own business as a dressmaker. She makes custom dresses for all occasions. During a year she can make 400 dresses. She currently works 50 weeks a year. What is her productivity?
4. (TCO 4) Gibson Valves produces cast bronze valves on an assembly line, currently producing 2,000 valves during each 8-hour shift. If the productivity is increased by 10%, how much would Gibson be producing?
5. (TCO 2) A mission is _____.
6. (TCO 2) Which of the following activities takes place once the mission has been established?
7. (TCO 2) Which is not a reason for a firm to internationalize operations?
8. (TCO 1) Walter Shewhart is listed among the important people of operations management because of his contributions to which of the following?
9. (TCO 1) Which of the following is not an element of the management process?
10. (TCO 2) Which of the following does not represent a reason for globalizing operations?
1. (TCO 1) Mass customization and rapid product development were identified as current trends in modern manufacturing operations. What is the relationship, if any, between these trends? Please cite two examples
2. (TCO 1) Services are often produced and consumed simultaneously. Provide two examples, and explain why they are produced and consumed simultaneously.
3. (TCO 2) Define mission and strategy. Describe how a firm’s mission and strategy differ.
4. (TCO 2) How does an OM strategy change during a product‘s life cycle?
5. (TCO 2) The text provides three strategic approaches for achieving competitive advantage. Provide an example of each not provided in the text. Support your choices.