ECET 105 Week 1 Homework Latest
1. Does a typical computer have any analog outputs? If so, what are they?
2. List three advantages of digital signal representation as compared to their analog representation.
3. Convert 126 x 10+2 to scientific and engineering notations.
4. Make the following conversions:
a. Convert 0.34 seconds to milliseconds.
b. Express 0.0005 x 10-4 farads as picofarads.
5. The frequency of a signal is equal to the reciprocal of the signal’s period (f = 1/p). For a computer with a 2.4 GHz clock, what is the clock period? Use engineering notation for your answer.
6. The signal shown below is a sine wave as it might be displayed on an oscilloscope. If it takes 40 msec. for the waveform to travel between the points shown by the arrow “B” below, what is the frequency of the waveform?
7. Power (in watts) is a certain amount of energy (in joules) divided by a certain length of time (in seconds). The laser with the highest peak power produces energy of 186 joules in 167 femtoseconds. What is the peak power? Use engineering notation for your answer. (Note: Use references to determine the value of a femtosecond and the proper notation for your answer.)
8. Which logic function produces a HIGH output only when all of the inputs are HIGH?
9. Which logic function produces a HIGH output only when all of the inputs are LOW?
10. Using the Internet, find the data sheet for the 74LS00 integrated circuit chip. Answer the following: